Analytica Cloud Platform
The Analytica Cloud Platform (ACP) lets you run Analytica models via a web browser, and share your models with other people. This page explains the advantages of ACP, how to use ACP, the different ACP subscriptions, with links to subpages with more detail.
Why use ACP?
- ACP lets you share any Analytica model with others to view and run as a web application.
- ACP users don’t need to install any software. They just need a web browser.
- Running a model in ACP is similar to Analytica in browse mode. You can view model influence diagrams and objects, change inputs, and compute results as tables and graphs. But you can't edit model expressions or add variables.
- When you deploy a model via ACP, you can be sure that all users have the latest version of a model and any data -- which is not so easy when you distribute a model and data for end users to run with desktop Analytica.
- ACP offers several useful user-interface and navigation styles convenient for web applications, which are not available in Analytica on the desktop, including:
How to use ACP
- We recommend using the Chrome browser.
- Any Analytica user (even with Analytica Free) can sign up for an ACP account at acp.analytica.com. Enter your email address and a password, then press Sign up. ACP will email you a link to verify your email address, and then you can sign in. Or you can use a Gmail or other Google sign in and if your password is saved in your browser you will signed in to a new individual account..
- In the ACP Models page, click the Upload button to upload an Analytica model to run in ACP.
- Upload a model to ACP directly from inside Analytica. Just select Publish to Cloud from the File menu.
- The first time you Publish to Cloud, it prompts you to start an ACP account.
- With your ACP account, you can log in to ACP from a web browser and select a model to run.
- An ACP account includes a project folder on the server that lets you review, start, share, upload, and download your models.
- You can email anyone a link to let them run your ACP model. Just click the Invite button at the bottom of the model.
- With a Group Account, an Admin can add users as Reviewers, Authors (who can upload new models), or other Admins. You can also create new Projects, each with a directory of models and data.
- ACP models can import and export data as CSV files.
- ACP can open and save Excel spreadsheets using LibXL. (On acp.analytica.com, for security and reliability reasons Excel is not installed, if you have an ACP_Server_License you can install and use Excel to work with spreadsheets). Features _excluded_from_ACP3.
- ACP servers can be configured to connect to databases.
- For more, view the Analytica Cloud Platform (ACP) video
Capabilities by ACP subscription type
Every Analytica user can create an ACP account and upload models to run in it. Even with Analytica Free, you have 25 free sessions. If you have a current subscription or support, you get 25 sessions per month. You can always buy more sessions. With a Group Account, you can create projects with multiple users, 5 for a Basic Group Account, and 12 users for a Premium Group Account. These all run on servers hosted by Lumina. You can also buy an ACP Server license to run on a dedicated server that you can host yourself.
Edition Analytica Free Analytica with paid subscription Basic Group Account Premium Group Account ACP Server License Email Invites & Embed in web page ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Save changed model ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Users & Roles with access control ✗ ✗ ✓ ✓ ✓ Shared Project Folders ✗ ✗ ✓ ✓ ✓ Sessions 25 total 25/month 500/month 1200/month No limit Maximum Number of Users 1 1 5 12 24 upwards Additional Sessions $100 for 100 sessions $100 for 100 sessions $100 for 100 sessions $100 for 100 sessions No limit Maximum File Size 25 MB 25 MB 50MB 100MB 200 MB Max memory per session 2 GB 4 GB 8 GB 8 GB Ask for more No limit Optimizer ✗ ✗ ✗ Add-on Add-on Annual Price Free Included $2,000 $5,000 Call (+1) 650-212-1212 or Sales@Lumina.com
- A session is a model run,including a when someone runs a model from a link you emailed or posted on a web page.
- Viewing model listings without running a model does not use a session.
- The free 25 sessions with Analytica Free (or with expired support) never expire.
- The 25 free sessions per month with a subscription expire after each month.
- If you need extra sessions you can  at $100 per 100 sessions.
- You can buy a Basic and Premium Group Plan at https://lumina.com/purchase-analytica/, or call (+1) 650-212-1212, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See the table above for limits on file sizes and CPU Minutes per calculation. Note that a calculation that takes, say, 2 CPU minutes may take longer to run in elapsed time when many users are running models on the same server.
ACP Group Plans
See also ACP Group Plans.
- A Group Plan lets multiple users run and share models with a single account.
- A group plan can have multiple Projects, each containing a directory of models and data.
- Each user has their own account and password and can access only Projects of which they are a member.
- Each user may have a role in each Project, as a
- Reviewer, who can run models, upload and download data, and save snapshots (models with changed data)
- Author who can also upload and delete models, and send email invites, or a
- Manager, who can also add or change roles of other users of a Project for which he is a manager (including other managers).
- A Subscription Admin is a Plan level, not Project level setting , and is a user who can create or delete Projects.
ACP Server License
You may purchase an ACP license to install on a dedicated server. This lets you have many more users and/or run computationally intensive models without having to share server resources with other customers. You can install it on a server behind your organization's firewall on a corporate intranet for extra security for confidential or proprietary models and data. See ACP Server License
Analytica Cloud Platform is a secure way to share models:
- ACP uses a https for data transfer
- Data input is not saved unless the user explicitly saves the model or a copy.
- You can also lock and encrypt models so that all or parts of a model are hidden even if someone accesses the file
- Editions of Analytica
- ACP Group plan features
- ACP Group plans for Managers and Admins
- Differences between ACP and Desktop Analytica
- Analytica Cloud Platform (ACP) Webinar
- Tutorial: Sharing a model with ACP
- ACP Style Library
- ACP: Features not mentioned elsewhere
- ACP Rendering tables and graphs on the diagram
- Tables in ACP
- ACP Diagram Sizes
- Embed an ACP model in a Web Page
- ACP Server License
- ACP Server Needs
- To install ACP
- What's new in ACP?
- ACP page of the Analytica user guide
- Customizing an ACP server
- Example models:
- Play the Rent vs. Buy model in ACP. The Rent vs. Buy model is an example model used in the Analytica Tutorial. It compares the Net Present Value of renting vs. buying a house. Model navigation is fairly intuitive. You can switch diagrams by clicking on modules or selecting different modules in the outline tree located on the left side of the diagram. Move the mouse over a node to see its description. Clicking on a variable displays its result graph or table. Select the Object tab to view the node's attributes, notably its definition.
- Play the Foxes and Hares model in ACP. The Foxes and Hares model is a predator-prey example model also used in the Tutorial. When playing this model ACP adds beveled gradients and drop shadows to nodes on the influence diagram. The hover highlight is set to 'Glow'. Also, the default tabbed UI has been removed. You can see node descriptions and node ID's when you move the cursor over a node. It displays model results directly on the diagram.