ACP Group plans for Managers and Admins
This page adds to the ACP Group Plans page - it introduces the Manager and Admin roles.
Admins and Managers
- With an ACP Group Account, A Subscription administrator (Admin) is a Subscription/Plan level user. An Admin can add projects and manage other Admins. But an admin does not have any inherent access to any projects. (Except the Home project initially - this is automatically set up with the Subscription administrator as a Manager initially - this can be changed by other Managers.).
- Admins are not automatically a member of a project (created by another Admin) unless added by a project Manager.
- Lumina will set up one or more people as Admin users as requested when creating a Group account (or ACP server installation).
- After installation of a Group account, an admin can manage other administrators using the Subscription Administration project.
- Managers, Authors and Reviewers are project level users. A manager of a project can invite new users, and set their roles in that project as a Reviewer, Author, or other Manager.
- When an Admin adds a project, they become a Manager, and the only initial user, of that project, until and unless deleted by another Manager. Projects can have multiple Managers.
The Models tab
After logging into a Group account, you'll first see the Models tab, which lists the Models (and any data files) for a selected Project:
- Account menu: If you are a member of more than one, Press to see the list of Accounts you are a member of.
- Project menu: Press to see a menu of your projects and select the project you want to view. It shows all the projects of which you are a member. When you log in, it shows the project you were in when you last logged out.
- Add/Delete Project button: Only present for Admin users. Press to add a new project. or delete an existing one.
Only new projects which have not yet been used can be deleted.
- Models: The list of models, spreadsheets, or other data files in this project. Initially, they are sorted by Save date, most recent first. Click on the header "Model" to sort them alphabetically. Click again on Model to reverse the sort order by name, or sort by Save Date or File Size by clicking on the column headers..
- Search field: Search for file names by entering text in the Search box. The model list adjusts to match file names containing that text as it is entered.
There are four types of user in an ACP Group account. This table shows their levels of access: Note that the Admin is not a project level user and as such access to a project is irrelevant. An Admin user's access will depend on their user status in a given project.
|Save changes to models||N/A||✓||✓||✓|
|Up and download models||N/A||✓||✓|
|Upload data files and spreadsheets||N/A||✓||✓||✓|
|Send email invites||N/A||✓||✓|
|Add / Manage users||N/A||✓|
- A user may have access to one or several projects, and may have different levels of access in each project.
- A user has the same password for all projects.
If you are a Manager, you can manage users in the project.
- For admin and managers only, there is a button with the option to show all users of the plan, which toggles once pressed with the option to show only the users who are members of this project.
To add a new user to a project
- Press the Add Users Button at the bottom of the Users list.
- Enter the email address(es) of the new user(s).
- Separate email addresses by a comma or space if you add multiple users.
- Select the User role as Manager, Reviewer or Author. (When adding multiple users, they must all have the same role on the project. To add users with different roles, add users with each role as a separate group.)
- Optionally, edit the email you will send to invite the new users.
- Press the Invite and add Users button.
Manage admin users
- You will have at least 1 Subscription administrator designated for each Group Account. Lumina will set this up for you, or your server Admin will do it if your organization has it's own ACP server.
- Subscription Administrators (admin users) can add or remove other admins.
- Manage admin users by opening the Subscription Administration project (only present in Group accounts, and only visible to Account admins).
- The Subscription Administration project is different from others in that there are no models or models tab, and in the Users tab only 2 options in the Role in project pulldown menu. You can select Administrator (which makes the user an Administrator/Admin of the entire subscription), or not a member (they are not a subscription administrator).
- Changes to the admin members are effective immediately - the SQL database is updated when you change the pulldown menu.
Manage users in a Group account
- Initially only the users who are a member of the selected project will be listed.
- For Admins and Managers, to see all users including those who are not members of this project, press the "Show all Users" button. Once this button is pressed the button text changes to "Only show members".
- Press the 'Role in project' pulldown menu for a user to change the user role for the current project project, [Remove, Manager, Author, Reviewer].
- [Remove] removes the user from the account completely if they are only a member of one project.
- The Users tab shows a search box: As you type into that box, the list adjusts to show only members whose email name or organization (e.g. Lumina.com) matches what you’ve typed so far.
Group Account - Add Projects
- Account Admins can add projects.
- If you are an Admin, next to the Project pulldown menu there is a '+' button. Select '+' to add a project, then enter the project name into the field provided.
- If you attempt to add a project with the same name as an existing project, you will be prompted to enter a new project name.