Create and save a model
4.6 • 5.0 • 5.1 • 5.2 • 5.3 • 5.4 • 6.0 • 6.1 • 6.2 • 6.3 • 6.4
To start a new model: Start Analytica like any Windows application by selecting Analytica from the Windows Start menu or double-clicking the Analytica application file.
If you are already running an Analytica model, you can also select New Model from the File menu. Since one instance of Analytica can’t run two models at once, it needs to close the existing model. If you have changed it, it first prompts you to save it.
The model’s Object window: The model’s Object window shows information about the model, such as the author(s), and creation and save dates; it also includes space for a description of the model’s purpose.
When you start a new model, it displays the Object window for the new model, initially Untitled. First, type these attributes:
- Title: A word or phrase to identify the model, typically up to 40 characters. Usually the identifier of the project is set automatically to the first 20 characters of the title, substituting underscores (
_) for spaces or other characters that are not letters or numbers.
- Description: One or several lines of text describing the purpose of this model, and any other important information about the model or project that all users of the model should know.
- Author(s): Windows usually fills in the name of the Windows user as the default. You can edit or add to this if you like.
After adding these attributes into the Object window, bring the Diagram window to the top using one of these methods:
- Click the Parent Diagram button or
- Click anywhere in the Diagram window behind the Object window.
You are now ready to draw an influence diagram for the new model.
When you want to change the model name, title or description, return to the model’s Object Window by pressing the Object window button on the toolbar () from the top-level diagram window with no nodes selected.
- Create a model
- Tutorial: Create a model
- Create and edit a model
- Using Add Module... to import a Model file
- Import a module or library
- To open or exit a model
- Tutorial: Saving your model
- Tutorial: Saving the model you created
- Recover unsaved changes dialog
- Analytica User FAQs/Modeling issues
- Tutorial: Quitting Analytica
- Files and Editing
- Save Snapshots in ACP
- Errors that may arise with saving models
Enable comment auto-refresher